Welcome to the New Start Summer Program!
Here’s a quick and easy experiment to try:
Find any two Wildcats—current or alum—and ask them why they love the University of Arizona. Chances are high that they’ll each tell you a different story about why they love UA: a professor they connected with, a club they joined, or maybe a life-changing leadership opportunity. With so much to do, see, and experience, why wait until August to begin your Wildcat journey?
The New Start Summer Program is a six-week experience designed to ensure that you can thrive at UA and gain a strong head start for your college career. By the time you begin classes in the fall, you will already have:
- Six to seven units of academic credit under your belt
- A coordinated network of support from peer leaders, instructors, and full-time staff on campus
- Working knowledge of how to navigate our beautiful campus
- Presentation and research experience in our traditional Academic Conference
- Applied leadership experience through coursework and community opportunities
Many New Start alumni will agree that some of the greatest rewards are less tangible and longer lasting. There’s a distinct element of family in the New Start community, one that endures well beyond your academic career. When you participate in New Start, you join a network of more than 14,000 alumni, many of whom will tell you it is a major reason why they love UA.
The application will open on November 4, 2019 and close on May 20, 2020 and we are happy to answer any questions for you along the way!
New Start may have a 51-year history, but there is only one New Start 2020. Join us for an unforgettable summer and a warm welcome into the Wildcat Family.
We’ll see you on June 13th!
The New Start Team