Applying to New Start
The New Start application for Summer 2020 will open soon! (November 4, 2019)
You are eligible to attend the New Start Summer Program if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a first-time freshman who has graduated/will graduate from high school during the 2019-2020 academic year and has not attended college; concurrently enrolled students may apply.
- You have been admitted to the University of Arizona and plan to enroll in a degree-seeking program for Fall 2020.
- You have completed and submitted all required New Start documentation by the required Dates & Deadlines. Arizona residents must complete both the 2019–2020 and 2020-2021 FAFSA forms by May 20 in order to receive financial aid for New Start. (NOTE: UA's priority deadline for the 2020-2021 FAFSA is March 1).
In the meantime:
- Apply for fall admission in a degree-seeking program!
- Be ready to file your 2020-2021 FAFSA as early as October 1, 2019. You may begin filing the 2019-2020 FAFSA at any time!
- Check back November 4 for the application for the New Start program!
Please Note: This program is not intended for transfer or joint-admission students. For information on programs and services for transfer students, please visit the Transfer Student Center website or call (520) 626-5568.