Applying to New Start
The New Start application for Summer 2020 is open!
You are eligible to attend the New Start Summer Program if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a first-time freshman who has graduated/will graduate from high school during the 2019-2020 academic year and has not attended college; concurrently enrolled students may apply.
- You have been admitted to the University of Arizona and plan to enroll in a degree-seeking program for Fall 2020.
- You have completed and submitted all required New Start documentation by the required Dates & Deadlines. Arizona residents must complete both the 2019–2020 and 2020-2021 FAFSA forms by May 20 in order to receive financial aid for New Start. (NOTE: UA's priority deadline for the 2020-2021 FAFSA is March 1).
In the meantime:
- Apply for fall admission in a degree-seeking program!
- Be ready to file your 2020-2021 FAFSA as early as October 1, 2019. You may begin filing the 2019-2020 FAFSA at any time!
Please Note: This program is not intended for transfer or joint-admission students. For information on programs and services for transfer students, please visit the Transfer Student Center website or call (520) 626-5568.
How to ApplyClick or enter to reveal information below
The online application is open in UA Future!
Navigate to your status page for Fall 2020. Then click on "Supplemental Applications" tab near the top of the page. The option to apply for New Start will appear under this tab!
*Note: You will need to be admitted for Fall 2020 in a degree-seeking program and create your UA NetID and password before you can access your New Start Program application.
What Happens Next?Click or enter to reveal information below
My application is done! Now what?Click or enter to reveal information below
In addition to checking your email, be sure to work on your UA Next Steps, including signing up for New Student Orientation, paying or deferring the enrollment fee of $425, and submitting immunization records.
For financial planning purposes, please be sure to file your 2020-2021 FAFSA as early as October 1, 2019. You may begin filing the 2019-2020 FAFSA at any time!
The university sets a preferred deadline of March 1, 2020 for the FAFSA.