Applying to New Start
The New Start application for summer 2019 is open!
You are eligible to attend the New Start Summer Program if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a first-time freshman who has graduated/will graduate from high school during the 2018-2019 academic year and has not attended college; concurrently enrolled students may apply.
- You have been admitted to the University of Arizona and plan to enroll during the 2019 Fall semester in at least 6 units (half-time).
- You have completed and submitted all required New Start documentation by the required Dates & Deadlines. Arizona residents must complete both the 2018–2019 and 2019-2020 FAFSA forms by May 15 in order to receive financial aid for New Start. (NOTE: UA's priority deadline for the 2019-2020 FAFSA is March 1).
Please Note: This program is not intended for transfer or joint-admission students. For information on programs and services for transfer students, please visit the Transfer Student Center website or call (520) 626-5568.
How to ApplyClick or enter to reveal information below
The online application will become available October 1. To apply, click on the "Apply" link at the top of this page, which will take your UA Future account and follow the below steps.
*Note you must create your UA NetID and password before you can access your Summer Start Program application on UA Future.
What Happens Next?Click or enter to reveal information below
After you have completed your New Start Interest Form, you will then have the option to complete your New Start contract. This contract is binding and unless you complete the cancellation form, your attendance at New Start is expected. Your space is not guaranteed until you complete your program contract in your UA Future account and receive confirmation from our office. Please complete your online contract as soon as possible but no later than May 22, 2019.
My contract is done... now what?Click or enter to reveal information below
There are several things that must be done for you to participate in New Start. All of these, with the exception of the FAFSAs, can be done through your UA Next Steps Center:
- Pay your UA Enrollment Fee (or request a deferral)
- Sign up for New Student Orientation. Select any available date and we will change your Orientation date to the New Start date at no cost. Do not sign up for parent orientation through the Next Steps Center.
- Complete your math, English, and second language placement requirements through Next Steps. You must complete all three of these checklist items regardless of your potential AP/IB or dual enrollment credit.
- Submit your immunization information to Campus Health.
- Complete the 2018-2019 AND 2019-2020 FAFSAs if you are seeking resident tuition, Pell grant, and/or New Start Scholarships.
- See Dates & Deadlines for all of the above items.